Friday, April 1, 2011

***Don't let stress hold you back from your full potential***

For me, stressful times when recovering from an eating disorder are one of the most challenging things to encounter. As I approach finals week, I have been working long days and nights on projects, homework, and studying for exams. During the day I am so busy that it would be easy for me to just “forget” to eat and at night sleep has been few and far between for me these days, which essentially affects me the next day because I just don’t feel hungry because I’m so tired. At times like this, it feels as if all odds are against me but then I take a moment out of my day to regroup and re-prioritize. I realize that in order for me to do well in other aspects of life I have to first take care of myself. Although, the easy way out is not eating and becoming “numb”, that only sounds appealing to me for a second before I remember the hell that comes with restricting. I think of the massive headache and other ill feelings that follow restriction. I don’t want that life again. Deep down inside, I’ve changed, I know who I am now and I never want to go back to the deadly lifestyle I lead before. When it comes down to it, stress is something that will always be a part of life, but for someone in recovery it leaves a daily choice. Will you chose to save your life and eat no matter how hard it is or will you cave to the temporary security net that ED offers? I pray that I continue to choose the first choice, and to choose life. As far as I’m concerned, a stressful day isn’t worth regressing to old ways and losing all of the advances   I’ve made. Stay strong and stay focused and you can overcome anything you set your mind to J

No comments:

Post a Comment