Monday, November 21, 2011

The Little Things

Recently I have been seeing post it notes around my campus saying things like , "You're beautiful", "Be YOU", and other positive sayings. These have caught my eye as I race past on my way to class and have offered a beacon of hope in this world saturated with messages that bombard us on a daily basis saying things such as, "You can never be too thin." The media has created a feeding ground for those with eating disorders and even a simple act such as placing a post it note on the wall in the hallway of your school could change someones day and maybe even someones life. Last year my school took part in a campus wide event where a group of about 30 students gathered together and with mirror markers and post it notes covered our entire school, every bathroom and every hall way with positive messages about body image. I remember the positive feedback received from the movement and when I saw the post it notes this semester again I was reminded that it's the little things that can make a huge difference. Whether it be lending a listening ear or even just posting a simple note you could be saving a life. Don't forget to reach out to those around you. You CAN help change the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment