Friday, September 23, 2011

What YOU Deserve

"Sometimes you have to forget how you feel and remember what you deserve." I heard this quote this week for the first time and wished I had heard it years earlier. At first when I heard it I of course related it to my current relationships and was inspired to stand strong for the kind of guy I deserve but as I continued to read it, I started to understand it in a different light. I realized that this is true for my recovery too. Even though I may feel fat one day, I need to remember my body deserves nutrition to live and so restriction or any other eating disorder behavior is not an option. My body deserves the very best. God created me to be a reflection of His handwork, why would I want to tarnish that. Therefore, I chose to plaster this quote all over my house so I never forget my priorities of what I really deserve and that is to have a happy and healthy lifestyle.

2 comments:

  1. “Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted in spite of your changing moods” -CS Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted in spite of your changing moods” -CS Lewis

    ReplyDelete